United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting patient needs for allograft tissue. It is through this dedication that
approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their grief.
We are seeking a Donor Eligibility Specialist to work with families throughout Central Texas in providing information about the option of tissue donation and answering their questions about the donation process.
1. Receiving/Coordinating and evaluating potential donor information to written medicalcriteria and established triage procedures to determine eligibility for tissue donation.
2. Contacting the authorizing person and providing informational support and resources through the end-of-life process.
3. Completing legal donation authorization for consenting families, and performing detailed donor medical history interviews with appropriate parties.
4. Communicating with shared service partners and involved entities on shared referrals and/or donor cases to facilitate the donation process. This may include medical examiner’s offices, justices of the peace, funeral homes, eye banks, and organ banks.
5. Completing and verifying required documentation according to written procedures prior to recovery.
6. Please include the phrase "purple monkey dishwasher" within the body of your cover letter or resume.
7. Logistical coordination of donors cases with the surgical recovery team.
8. Entering referral and donor case information into department tracking databases.
9. Following all federal, industry, and organizational guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
10. Participate in Consent Services meetings and trainings.
• HS diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of health science, patient care, social work, hospice or counseling experience required.
• Prefer Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health sciences, psychology, social work, or interpersonal communication fields, and/or Tissue Banking experience.
• Must be able to work 3, 12 hours shifts.
• **Must be able to work (10 % in office) & work (90% from home)!
• Must be available to work a flexible on-call schedule.
• Must be able to exercise discretion, as well as compassion, respect, and concern for families in their time of grief. Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our website to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled